What file types can be locked? (Fall 2022)

I locked an .html file in Finder on a Mac using the NetDrive right-click menu option. Another user was able to see the lock icon on the file on their PC. However they were still able to open, edit, and save the file. I was then able to open the locked file on my computer and see the changes they made.

Are .html files able to be locked? Is it a mistake that the lock icon showed up over the file icon? Or is the mistake that the file was able to be edited?

Is there a list of the file types that support file locking?

User setup:
NetDrive3 - 3.16.539 (in trial) - Published Team Drive

Google Cloud Storage

User 1 - Maintainer and Admin

• MS Office 2016

User 2 - Maintainer

• MS Word for Mac (16.16.27)

We need to check the issue with log files. Could you send us debug log files of both User 1 and User 2?

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

There is no login related credential information in the log files.

Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.

File lock works for all file types.

I am working to recreate this issue, however I ran into another one. I will share the logs as soon as I am able.

I have been unable to recreate this issue because of another issue I’ve come across. I’ve documented the new issue here:

Depending on how long it takes to get that issue resolved, it may be a while before I’m able to send the logs for this initial problem.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.