NetDrive3 Transfers/Refreshes are very slow

Hello, we are using NetDrive 3 to integrate our Epicor Cloud ERP system with our on-premise BarTender label printing server. The system works, but it works very slowly. It can take 5 minutes before the label file (coming from Epicor) appears in the NetDrive “folder.” Is there anything that can be done to speed up the “refresh” of the NetDrive drive? I have attached our logs, if it will help. NetDrive3_Logs.zip (2.1 MB)

Hello.

Thank you for using NetDrive.

I reviewed the file you attached.

As you know, there is no way to let the client know that the file list has changed on the FTP server. FTP does not have such a protocol.

So the client NetDrive needs to refresh. You can use the NetDrive/Refresh function in Explorer’s context menu or use nd3cmd in the folder where NetDrive is installed.

nd3cmd refreshpath “path”

Stay healty.

Regards.

Do you have any recommendations on how to do this on an unattended server? Should I set up a scheduled task? Do you have any recommendations for that? Minimum refresh times or anything like that?

Dear it_support,

NetDrive provides a command line interface. Please refer to the link below.
https://support.bdrive.com/t/nd3cmd-manual-page/97458/2

You can create a batch file to automate refresh using the command line.
The following is an example of refresh a specific folder.

/////////////////////////////////////////////
echo start batch file

:FOR
nd3cmd refreshpath “F:\download”

timeout 5
@GOTO FOR
///////////////////////////////////////////////

Please refer to the topics below to refresh all folders in the root folder.

Regards.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to recommend.

I think the scheduled task is proper.

There is no refresh limit.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.