UPDATED the **UPDATED WITH LOG INFO** After UPDATE yesterday to version 3 drive won't connect

Everything was working fine until I updated to version 3.14. Now it won’t connect. What can I do to trouble shoot or fix this problem? I uninstalled the program & tried to reinstall an old version (3.11.204) I still had on my PC & it still isn’t working.

UPDATE @ 4:07pm EST – 01-07-21
I just tried to create a new drive with a different login & it didn’t work either.
nd3svc_WebDAV.zip (745.7 KB)

Dear office-e739,

Thank you for using NetDrive.

Would you like to install the new version (3.14.309)?

First, uninstall the currently installed program and reboot. And try installing the new version.

If the problem persists, please attach a log file.

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

There is no login related credential information in the log files.

Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.

Regards.

nd3api_ONENOTE.EXE.zip (2.8 MB)

nd3api_NetDrive.exe.zip (741.6 KB)

I also attached all the files you said too in my previous reply. These are just the ones that have been updated today.

From what I can tell in the WebDAV log on Synology, Netdrive has not had any activity with synology since the update. I checked my antivirus settings & allowed Netdrive just in case it was blocking the connection. Not sure I really need to do any of these things since it was working until the update though. I really need to access the remote files, so I need this fixed ASAP!!

Hello.

I reviewed the log files you attached.

I found so many network errors in the files from last year.

Are you using DDNS for Synology?

Then, could you try a server ip address instead of domain?

Regards.

Do you have setup instructions somewhere? I had to google how to set up NetDrive & used what I found online…
The Synology was just set up as plug & play for the most part. We initially got it to use as external storage. It wasn’t until we started moving locations that I looked for a way to access those files remotely.

Network settings–General:
Servername,
default gateway (LAN)
IPv6 default gateway.
Nothing else is checked or filled in.
The network interface is set to LAN & it says it’s connected
IPv4 is set to get automatically
IPv6 is auto
802.1x is not enabled
LAN settings:
USE DHCP=Yes
IP Address: 192…etc
Subnet Mask: 255.255…etc
IPv6 address: 2600:2b00… etc.
2600:2b00…etc.
fe80::211… etc.
Network Status: 1000 mbps, full duplex, mtu 1500
PPPoE: disconnected
IPv6 Tunneling: disconnected
There’s no Traffic Protocol or Static Route
DSM Settings: DSM Ports shows the HTTP & HTTPS port #'s & the box that says Automatically redirect HTTP connection to HTTPS for DSM desktop is checked

The DDNS is enabled & is being used for NetDrive because it is the only directions I found online to connect it to WebDAV. Your application doesn’t give any directions on how to set it up. I also read that it is a more secure way to use the Netdrive.

Enable DDNS Support is checked.
Service Provider: Synology
Hostname: filled in with our name
Email: filled in with our email
Heartbeat: Enabled (or it can be disabled)
External Address (IPv4): 74.215… etc. Then theres a button for Set External IP
External Address (IPv6): 2600:2b00… etc.

Then it says
Visit DDNS provider’s website
<> By checking here you are agreeing to the Terms of Service and the Privacy Policy (and this box isn’t checked)
Attached is our NetDrive Server settings.
Office-e739 NetDrive Setup.pdf (543.1 KB)

Also, what time zone is your company in? I would like to be on here when you are available so we can trouble shoot this in real time. It seems the replies are coming after I’m done for the day, but I’m willing to get on to fix this issue.

Dear office-e739,

Please check the WebDAV connection guide and troubleshooting guide.

WebDAV connection guide

troubleshooting guide

If you issue persists, please let me know.

Regards.

Hello.

We are in KST(UTC+9) timezone.

In according the log files I think the ddns service was not stable while you are using.

We can have a remote session to figure out more details.

If you want to have a remote session, let me know you AnyDesk address and the time you are available.

https://anydesk.com/en/downloads.

Regards.

I think the issue has more to do with my unstable internet connection?? We switched to a “whole house” in July so we have our router & 2 extensions. It has not stayed connected regularly since. It went out the evening I updated the Netdrive & threw off my WInk Hub, which I just got back onlline yesterday. My computer is connected with a wire & not wifi, but I don’t think that matters.
I will look at the setup guide & other to see what I can do before we have a session.
I am having the router moved to a new location tomorrow, so maybe they will do something to stabilize the connection while they are here.
Thanks.

I have downloaded the Any Desk & can do the remote session. I am in the US EST… I will have to get back on the computer when you are ready to do this.
It seems that I get my replies from you 2 around 7-8pm my time, so I will try to get on around then.

Hello.

If you are ready, let me know your AnyDesk address.

This topic is now shown only to our members.

Regards.

Anything I need to open & have ready for you? I removed the “disc” today & haven’t been able to get it back on.
I also uninstalled the program & reinstalled the 3.11 version to try it. I actually did restart the PC after the install, just haven’t upgraded it yet.
I’m going to upgrade it while I wait for your reply…
I also have two monitors… do the things you’re looking at need to be on the same monitor?

The AnyDesk address is 359 174 686

I will connect now.

I restarted the NAS yesterday at the end of the day. I forgot to go to the office after dinner, BUT when I got on just now and tried to connect, IT WORKED!! It was the only thing I didn’t try. NAS had an update after the NetDrive issue & had to restart so I thought there was no point.

My question, is it better to leave it as a network drive or to make it local? I had it network at first & then changed it to local. I switched it to local just now as well.

Also got these emails yesterday after it was done restarting:

Connection to xxx.synology.me has been lost since 2021-01-12 20:35:03 -05:00
Hi GigaNAS2,
Connection to xxx.synology.me has been lost since 2021-01-12 20:35:03 -05:00. Please check the network connection of your DiskStation, and make sure its DDNS service is enabled.
From Synology Account

This is an automated email, please do not reply directly to this email.
If you need further assistance, please contact us via Synology Account.
Connection to xxx.synology.me has been resumed since 2021-01-13 05:51:09 -05:00

And this one
Hi GigaNAS2,

Congratulations! Your DiskStation is now successfully connected to our system, and its connection to xxx.synology.me has been resumed since 2021-01-13 05:51:09 -05:00.
From Synology Account

This is an automated email, please do not reply directly to this email.
If you need further assistance, please contact us via Synology Account.

It’s a good news.

I recommend to use “network drive” unless it’s a special case.

Because there are programs that only support local drive.

Regards.

Ok… thanks for all your help!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.