Unmount on Windows

After Disconnecting a Windows mounted S3 drive. The drive letter and even contents are still available and showing on the machine. Cannot do anything on removing it, since it was already disconnected and the item removed from Netdrive. But the Drive still persists…

NetDrive couldn’t unmount if there are file operations in progress. It seems that NetDrive timed out while unmounting the drive and force unmount and change the drive item from UI.

Can you stop and start NetDrive windows services?

Please send us the log files to inspect the issue:

There is no login related credential information in the log files.

Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.

The drive that is mounting is not a drive that is configured anymore.
But it does show up as a Drive still as a mounted drive under This PC.
ndrivelogs.zip (13.2 KB)

Since it isn’t configured anymore. I can’t find a way to dismount it.

We are looking into the log files.

I think you need to reboot to remove the mount point from your system.

This machine has been rebooted several times. Shut down as well.

If so, please check if the drive item is configured to mount automatically on boot or login.

Again - There is no longer that item in the UI. I had disconnected it and removed the mount. On restart - That Drive mounted by itself and since the UI is gone for it. I can’t remove it. So how do I remove it without the UI to edit that?

It seems that another account on your Windows server uses NetDrive and the account has a mount on boot drive item.

There are no other users on this server. This is the same account that created the previous mount.

Additional I had even uninstalled Netdrive. And the mount still came back after a reinstall. so where is the config so I can remove this persistent drive mount?

Drive items can be stored on server or local. For the local items NetDrive stores drive item in drives.dat file and it’s located under %programdata%\NetDrive3.

There you can found some directories with hashed string. The drives.dat file is under the directory.

If I remove the folder. Will it remove the mount?

Please just remove the drives.dat files. Other files used by NetDrive to operate.

Stopping the Agent and the Service. Then removing the dat file and the log file. Did not remove the mount from happening again.
There has to be something else to remove.

Can we have a remote session?

Send an email I can send an invite to.

Please install AnyDesk and send access code using private message.

Private message:
https://support.bdrive.com/new-message?groupname=staff

AnyDesk:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.