SFTP Login with just user name and password

I am trying to connect with SFTP, and I keep getting an error logging in because there is not an SSH key provided for the site. I was able to log in with just a user name and password on the trial version, but now that I purchased three keys, I cannot connect to SFTP. Dropbox and Google Drive connected easy as it had in the trial version, but I purchased this primarily for the SFTP function. Any help would be appreciated, and I will be buying several more copies if this works.

Dear keith,

Thank you for using NetDrive.

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

There is no credential information in the log files.

Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.

Regards.

nd3svc_SFTP.zip (8.6 KB)

Dear keith,

Thank you for help.

I will check it as soon as possible.

Regards.

Hello.

I reviewed the log files you attached.

The cause of the error is the timeout, not the ssh key.

[2020/02/25 07:10:36.021] [MESSAGE ] [ 16656] [NETWORK ] [INFORMATION] Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received

If you need to increase the connection timeout, you can increase the connection timeout by pressing the option button in the drive item’s configuration.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply, but that didn’t help anything. I set the timeout to 60 seconds, and still got the prompt for the Passphrase, and then the same connection error after about five seconds.

I think you got the message 60 seconds later after press OK button.

Can you connect the server with another sftp client.

I can connect with WebDrive and SFTP drive with no problem, but they only ask for the user name and password. I like everything else about your product better if I could get this one drive to connect.

It’s weird thing.

Could you give me a test account of the server?

Regards.

I can’t create a test account, because this is a vendor and I have no access to create an account. You can close the ticket, and I will just use WebDrive or one of the other products. This is the only product that included the SSH key option,
and the only one that I had any problem connecting with.

The message you’ve seen about ssh key in the log file also is appeared even though when a connection is successful.

If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.