On-the-fly setting not working

In my google drive setting , I enable “on-the-fly setting” and disable “background uploading” , but it seems netdrive still copy the file I upload to the cache disk first , then upload to the cloud .

I can see the file in the cache location and I can see upload prgress in the uploading panel of Netdrive.

How could I upload to cloud directly without pass to cache first ?

By the way if I enable both function (background upload and on the fly) at the same time , what is the upload behavior Netdrive will take ? and what if I disable all of them ?

Thanks~

Hello

If you want to copy files without using cache, you should turn on “on-the-fly” option.
However, it only applies when copying files with Explorer.

If you keep the explorer open while copying, the cache can be created because the explorer will often request to read other files.

Regards.

I hava already turn on “on-the-fly” option .

And I am sure the cache still has the copy item , I had already look into it . The file in the cache folder is exactly the same with the file I am uploading not from other read request .

Hello.

I checked it.

I attach a captured image and a movie file I tested.

If your issue persists, attach debug log files to figure out what happened.

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

There is no credential information in the log files.

Regards.

thanks for reply

I use the xplorer2 to manage my files and using the copy function it provide . Is this the reason the copy file operation still pass to cache disk ?

Copying with any application other than Explorer is not supported.

Because we don’t know the inner workings of the application.

Regards.

Thanks for your reply. I have one more question here :

If netdrive can make the copy operation of any application is go through with cache disk upload in the background by default , why netdrive can not make “on-the-fly” is the default copy operation for all application ?

Good question!

Because there is no guarantee that the offset and length of the write operations are requested sequentially.

Also, using the cache rather than the on-the-fly option makes the application(explorer) respond faster.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.