NetDrive3 Mac DAV Synology Connection/Stability Issue

For the last month or so after connecting with NetDrive3 to a Synology via DAV connection Finder will freeze (rainbow ball) and computer has to be force re-started. Or attempting to open a file will cause the computer program to freeze. Then there are issues after one of these events to reconnect to the Synology via DAV. Some days are better than others. Another employee is reporting the same symptoms, impacting our business, please help!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Are you using NetDrive on a MacBook? Do these issues occur when the machine goes into sleep mode and wakes up?

No, it can happen immediately after connecting and attempting to browse the server or when trying to save a document.

Please set the log level to VERBOSE and reproduce the issue. Then, follow the instructions at the following link to send us the debug log file: How to attach a log file.

Please note that the log file will not contain any login-related credentials. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Archive.zip (2.2 MB)

The issue reoccured at 11:01am EST and about 11:18am EST. I uploaded a log file.

1 Like
  1. The error occurred at 2023/02/14 11:00:58.094 when attempting to create a directory using the CreateDirectory command on the Synology NAS. Unfortunately, the CreateDirectory command cannot create a directory at the root level, causing the request for /.TemporaryItems to fail.

2. We will need to gather more information to diagnose the other error. To do so, please install the following version, which will generate more detailed debug logs. Once the problem reoccurs, please send me the log files and provide the timestamp of when the issue occurred. You can download the required version at: https://downloads.bdrive.com/netdrive/builds/d0c401708bb04c5fbbc2dd05b34d2648/NetDriveInstaller-3.17.706.dmg

Finder froze and computer had to be restarted at 13:52 PM EST

Archive.zip (3.1 MB)

Unfortunately, we were unable to identify any issues from our log files. In order to help us resolve this matter, please send us the crash log from the event using the Console app.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I cannot locate the crash log from the events using Console, please help.

We have updated the 3rd party libraries of the NetDrive macOS version. Kindly install the latest version from the following link and verify if the issue still persists:

https://downloads.bdrive.com/netdrive/builds/5ed1940baa5741938ca6badf50c6e341/NetDriveInstaller-3.17.707.dmg

In case the issue persists even after installing the latest version, we recommend scheduling a remote session to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue together.

This version is unusable. After connecting to webdav Finder went non-responsive immediately had to force reboot. 2nd attempt I got to click into two folders before Finder went non-responsive. 3rd attempt within 5 minutes.

I attached the log file from this new version with the freezes occurring around 10:20-10:30 AM EST
Archive.zip (5.6 MB)

I’ve re-installed the more detailed log version that seems a little more stable but issue still occurs (but less) https://downloads.bdrive.com/netdrive/builds/d0c401708bb04c5fbbc2dd05b34d2648/NetDriveInstaller-3.17.706.dmg

11:18 AM EST. It’s been happening since 9AM, computer almost unusable when connected to Synology Server through NetDrive 3. Constant freezes of finder or application opening file. Sometimes cannot even click one folder level down in server folders before getting the beach ball.

I tried creating a new user account on my Mac, same thing happens.

Archive.zip (5.2 MB)

Hello,

We noticed that your WebDAV server is experiencing slow response times, as seen in the log file. It may take over 10 seconds for a folder to be listed, which can also affect file operations on remote storage.

The attached images illustrate the issue, showing that file operations are also impacted by slow responses. This is likely due to network traffic, and can cause Finder to appear frozen.

To address this, we suggest checking the health of your Synology NAS to ensure that it is working properly. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.