NetDrive blocks Explorer

I would like to purchase NetDrive but there is an annoying problem with it. Copying files to cloud drives (both local and network), the progress window indicating the copy stops just before the end, and often crashes Explorer and NetDrive, which you can’t close except by forcing a manual shutdown of the computer. With other programs like ExpanDrive or Air Live Drive this problem does not happen, even though they use the same technologies as you do.

Hello.

Thank you for using NetDrive.

Could you attach debug log files to figure out what happened?

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

There is no login related credential information in the log files.

Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.

Regards.

I’ll attach the requested logs and send you the link to the video that shows you the problem, which is completely blocking the operating system.

Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h2KQ7prUmVXeQLZh7

nd3log.zip (120.3 KB)

Hello.

I will feedback after review soon.

Regards.

I have had the same issue. When I copy large files to Google drive Explorer locks up until the copy is finished. This was 30 min for the last file I copied. During that time I couldn’t save any files or use explorer for anything else. I could do other tasks like surf the internet but anything that used the file system was hung.

Thanks for the support man! This is a big problem that needs to be fixed.

Hello.

I reviewed the files you attached.

I will give a url of a test version to check and gather more details soon.

Regards.

Thank you!

Hello.

Could you try with a below test version?

https://files.bdrive.com/netdrive/builds/e5567ed7ee904aceba0889fd020bf8c3/NetDrive3_Setup-3.14.396.exe

Regards.

It works when COPYING a file.
It does NOT work when CUTTING-PASTE a file.

Issue still present on version 3.15.393

I’ve seen this behavior somewhat regularly for at least 2 years.
I use background uploading, and if something tries to access the file while it’s being uploaded it will lock up windows explorer (not just file explorer, the whole GUI). This bug makes background uploading kinda useless btw.

You can still interact with other applications that are already open, but I’m rarely able to open something new. The only way to resolve this is to wait until the files are uploaded, or hard power down the system.

Then it’s time to fix it!

Hello.

Could you attach debug log files after cutting & pasting to figure out what happened while cutting & pasting?

Regards.

You can find the log attached

nd3svc_Balmy Wave.log (3.4 MB)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.