NetDrive 3.17.976 Unable to copy Folders containing files via UNC or as Mapped Drive

Once NetDrive was configured we ran into a strange issue. Its currently running on Windows 2022 Server Standard. No matter what we do, we’re only able to copy files to the mounted local NetDrive from the same computer it was installed on. If we attempt to copy a folder with files within it, from elsewhere, we get the following errors. Oddly the folder will appear there but doesn’t contain any files. If you attempt to copy the same folder a second time while the empty folder exists on the NetDrive then things, to include the files within the folder, copy without issues. You can also click the “Try Again” button from the screen shot to get the same effect. Copying folders with files within them works fine if directly done on the computer where NetDrive is installed but not from other computers if we share the location out with full perms (i.e. the \ServerName\ArchiveShare from the file browser or a mapped drive to the location).

Errors:
– From Mac = “The finder cannot complete error code-36”
– From Windows = “An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the folder. Error 0x800703EE The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.”

To help us diagnose the issue:

1. Please set the log level to VERBOSE
  2. Reproduce the problem.
  3. Afterward, please follow the instructions in the following link to send us the debug log file:

Please be aware that the log file does not contain any login credentials. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

As requested, here’s the logs. From another Windows machine I simply recreated me dragging the test3 folder over to the shared-out
nd3svc.zip|attachment (13.3 KB)
archive and then clicked cancel from the error dialog from the screenshot.

Here is the screenshot
err
If I hit cancel, it leaves an empty folder in the share location. If I click try again then it works. This error occurs 100% of the time.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Please check the issue with following version which includes fixes for 0x800703EE (it worked for other users).

https://downloads.bdrive.com/netdrive/builds/e3701540cd204ee6bfd9f260d3e73e5c/NetDrive3_Setup-3.18.1020.exe