Lock file with 3 persons

Good morning
I have a synology nas and a netdrive account configured in webdav I have 3 users with a different net drive account each and we connect to the same synology nas but when we open the same file it does not notify me read-only, which means 3 people are working on the same file and we are not aware. How to fix this problem ?
THANKS.

Dear contact-5057,

Thank you for using NetDrive. We have thoroughly understood your query. You are currently connecting to a Synology NAS via multiple NetDrive accounts using WebDAV. It appears you are facing an issue where multiple users edit the same file simultaneously, but the file does not display as read-only. This means all users are unaware that they are working on the same file at the same time.

In the case of NetDrive, the File Lock feature is provided exclusively for Team accounts. This feature helps to prevent simultaneous editing of a file by users within the same team. Given your current situation, if you are using Personal accounts, this feature is not available to you.

The solution is as follows:

Upgrade to a Team Account: If your team frequently works simultaneously on the same file, it would be beneficial to consider upgrading to a Team account. By using a Team account, you can take advantage of the File Lock feature, which notifies other users when a file is currently being edited.

Regards

Good morning

we switched to the team plan with 2 users, we installed and configured net drive. we have access to the files but unfortunately both users can work simultaneously but no read-only file message appears. how to do ?

image002.jpg

Dear contact-5057,

You can do this by using the File Lock feature as you work. Let’s say you have users from Team A and Team B. If User A wants to edit a file, you can lock the file so that User B can see the locked file and know that the file is in use.

To use this condition, users A and B must be set up as a team.

Regards

I just saw that with Libre Office this works but with the Microsoft Office suite it does not lock the file.

do you have an idea ?

THANKS

I use the office 2019 suite

image002.jpg

Dear contact-5057,

Could you please upload a screenshot of the issue and log files?

To help us diagnose the issue:

1. Please set the log level to VERBOSE
  2. Reproduce the problem.
  3. Afterward, please follow the instructions in the following link to send us the debug log file:

Please be aware that the log file does not contain any login credentials.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.