Issues with macOS 11 (Big Sur)

It’s taken quite a bit of time to narrow this down but NetDrive3 on Big Sur causes memory problems, system crashes, and blocks shutdown & restart.

Symptom #1: System reports that user memory is exhausted, when it’s not but it keeps prompting to force close applications until NetDrive3 is closed.

Symptom #2: Crashes with dumps indicating problems with smbfs. (This may be due to NetDrive3 being used with Tuxera NTFS on the same machine)

Symptom #3: Restart hangs on trying to close NetDrive3, required hard power-down to get past it.

Forgot to note that I had to remove the product to restore system stability.

Hello.

Thank you for feedback.

It seems that there were so many file I/O requests on the drive mounted with NetDrive.

Could you attach debug log files to figure out what happened if possible?

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

Regards.

I’m afraid that I can’t provide logs for this now since I had to remove the product in order to stabilize my iMac.

I’ll try it again with the next build.

I doubt that there were any file i/o requests involved since I had no drives mounted. Just having the product installed and active was enough to cause issues for me.

Hello.

Thank you for feedback.

I am researching about this issue.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.