Issues With Locking Files (PLEASE HELP)

Hello,

Our company installed NetDrive for one of our clients and their employees, and some users are able to lock files, while others aren’t. I already checked and made sure that our Synology Server (what we connect to via NetDrive3) user permissions were exactly the same, which they all were, but for some reason some people can lock files while others cannot.

One of their employees was able to lock files through NetDrive, and then stopped being able to.

I have gone and attached screenshots of the user not being able to lock files, as well as followed your instructions on changing the log level to VERBOSE and I have attached a zip file of the logs.

Can you please advise of a solution to this?
Lock Greyed Out
Lock Not Available
NetDriveLogs - Andrew.zip (512.8 KB)

Hello, I have the same issue with my PC. “Netdrive 3 file lock service not available”
I checked this link: https://push.bdrive.com/ but it says it works.
i confim i still have this message “Netdrive 3 file lock service not available” and on the netdrive menu on my explorer the “lock” button is not available.
Please help us because This is an important feature of netdrive!

@viktor, @sormick

It seems that your PC cannot make consistent connection to our push server (using websocket). We uses push server to notify file lock events.

It happens on some PCs and we are looking for the cause of the issue. I will update when we found a solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.

Please send us debug log files.

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

There is no login related credential information in the log files.

Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.

@viktor

From the log file I found that the most recent logs shows your PC is connected to the push server without error.

From other logs I found that the logs generated on a deactivated PC. File lock service is not working from deactivated devices. In this case please logout and login again to activate your current PC/Mac.

@viktor

Here is a beta version which replaces 3rd party library for websocket connection.

https://files.bdrive.com/netdrive/builds/5e8690dcb9134a328c212f1e642206a9/NetDrive3_Setup-3.17.791.exe

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.