Files deleted when NetDrive is used as the Music Media location for Apple Music

Previously, I have been using a Synology SMB share as the storage location for my Apple Music (was iTunes) library.
I wanted this share, and other shares, to be available from other locations (rather than local LAN), so I switched to WebDAV on my Synology and introduced NetDrive to provide easier access to individual folders within the WebDAV server.
I changed my Apple Music library location to the same folder available through NetDrive as my original music library location. Apple Music did it’s thing and updated the library to point to the new NetDrive location. All was good for a moment, and then the lower-level folder containing my Music folder (and my music files) disappeared. No mention from any application that a folder containing GBs of music files will be deleted - it just disappears.
So I have tried re-importing music files from a backup. It’s starts off fine - the Music folder on the NetDrive location gets created and subfolders created and populated. And then during the import process, the Music folder gets deleted, and NetDrive stalls.
What application is deleting the folder containing the music files and why?
I will attach verbose log files for the drive and for the application.

Hello.

Thank you for using NetDrive.

Could you attach debug log files to figure out what happened?

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

There is no login related credential information in the log files.

Regards.

nd3svc_media.log (176.9 KB)

This was the only log file modified around the time of the event. ‘media’ being the name of the NetDrive drive containing the Apple Music library.

– Kesson

Hello @jyyoon
Apologies about my previous post, as I obviously didn’t include the log files at the time of the event. I recreated the isssue (based on a small sample of files to import) and I can see the time of delete event in the new logs attached:

[2021/05/08 07:13:27.400] [MESSAGE ] [ 8] [PROTOCOL ] Delete >> HTTPS DELETE >> 204 : https://jetstar.bostonarc.com:8082/media/Music/Music/Alanis%20Morissette(0) - 12ms
[2021/05/08 07:13:27.401] [MESSAGE ] [ 8] [FILESYSTEM] SetCacheMode : Alanis Morissette:d:0x0
[

Hopefully, these new log files will be more helpful.

nd3svc.log|attachment (3.9 MB) nd3svc_media.log (3.8 MB) nd3svc_media.0.log (10.0 MB)nd3svc_music.log (4.6 MB) ndagent.log (738.1 KB)

Regards,
Kesson

Hello.

Do you know what a process “music” is?

“music” process on your mac deleted a folder /Music/Music/Alanis Morissette

[2021/05/08 07:13:27.388] [DEBUG ] [ 8] [FILESYSTEM] [/Volumes/media_kesson:music] Unlink : /Music/Music/Alanis Morissette

Regards.

Hello,
The ‘music’ process is the Apple Music application for Mac. From the log files, how do we know it is the music process that issued the delete command? I will need to follow up with Apple, if this is the case and will need to send appropriate evidence.
Regards,
Kesson

path : /Volumes/media_kesson
process : music

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.