File is unavailable?

Hey everybody. I’m using netdrive to mount my gdrive as local and am having a few issues I’m hoping somebody can help with. I’m using windows 10. When I have the drive mounted, go to file explorer, and try to open up some folders, I am getting the error: “(file) is unavailable. If the location is on this pc, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you are connected to the network or internet, and try again. If the location still cant be found, it might have been moved or deleted.”

This only happens within file explorer on windows. If I browse within the netdrive UI, the files appear to be available. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? Thanks!

To help us diagnose the issue:

1. Please set the log level to VERBOSE
  2. Reproduce the problem.
  3. Afterward, please follow the instructions in the following link to send us the debug log file:

Please be aware that the log file does not contain any login credentials. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

nd3svc.zip|attachment (623.4 KB)

Here is the attached log files. I replicated the unavailable file error message within windows file explorer. Thanks!

Upon reviewing the log files, we only found file reading operations and nothing out of the ordinary. To better understand the issue, could you provide any steps to reproduce it?

netdrive error.zip (7.9 MB)
I’ve attached a video of me recreating the error message. As you can see, it only happens at the windows level, and not in the netdrive UI.

So, the issue happens only for a specific folder?

Yes, only specific folders. There are a few other folders it is happening to as well. And only in windows file explorer, as displayed in the video. As far as I can tell it’s only happening in this tv shows folder, and not in my movies folder. It’s oddly only happening to about 5% of the folders.

It seems that the folder name contains invalid character for Windows file system.

‘Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story’ has colon in it’s name and Windows cannot handle file names with some special characters.

Ha, you are probably right. I can’t believe I overlooked that. I am not by my computer at the moment, but will rename those folders and report back with an update. Thanks for the advice!