Dropbox Icon Missing On macOS Desktop

Hello
I recently installed netdrive on macOS Mojave.
Both my Google Drive and Dropbox are connected.
I can see both in the finder sidebar under locations.
However there is a Google Drive (NetDrive) Icon on my desktop but not a Dropbox icon.
This is quite handy for fast access.
Just wondering why there is no icon for Dropbox.

Excuse me if I’m a bit thick here. New to macOS been using Windows for 30 years!

BTW it’s faster on macOS than ever it was on Windows…

Kind Regards

Mark Gorman

We can reproduce the issue on macOS High Sierra and Catalina, too.

We will inspect the issue and get back to you when we found anything.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks I will look forward to your reply.

Hello
I’ve just updated to version 3.8.750 of Netdrive on my mac.
Now I can’t access dropbox at all. Netdrive connects Google drive automatically.
But dropbox is shown as not connected. When I click to connect I get the error /volumes/dropbox_username is already mounted. Do you want to unmount to continue. I click OK and get a dialog box saying dropbox mount error.

There are two dropbox icons in the sidebar in finder when I click on them I get Dropbox can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found.

I’ve tried to remove these two entries from the sidebar but nothing happens. It has no effect.
I’ve uninstalled netdrive using the script supplied in the disk image and re-installed.
Same issue.

If you can’t resolve this problem in a timely manner then the software is of no use to me.
I need access to my dropbox for work.

Please advise as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Mark Gorman

Hello Mark.

Could you attach debug log files to figure out what happened?

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

There is no credential information in the log files.

Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.

Regards.

Hello sorry for delay in replying to this problem. I work away from home a lot and this has been my first chance to reply. Anyway now the dropbox drive fails to mount here is the error logs as requested. Hope to hear back from you in due course.

Kind Regards

Mark Gorman

Archive.zip (36.2 KB)

Hello Mark.

I’m researching about your issue.

Could you let me know that the result of trying after changing the drive item’s name to another?

Regards.

Hi Jyyoon

I uninstalled the program rebooted and re-installed. Seems to be working. It creates a link in the finder under locations. However under macOS Dropbox will not create an icon on the Desktop. It does for Google drive. I was told that this was a known issue.
It’s been tested under Catalina by your tech people and they have the same issue. I’m using Mojave. I need this working across my mac and PCs else the software is no good to me. I use it for work.

Regards

Mark.

Unlike my previous test, on recent Catalina (10.15.1) NetDrive can create an icon on the Desktop.

On Mojave the icon still doesn’t show up. Before we found the cause of the problem please use NetDrive to open Dropbox folder. You can open mounted folder by double clicking the drive item.

Sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

Hello Mark.

Thank you for waiting.

Could you try with the following url version?

http://files.bdrive.com/netdrive/builds/b0502e079f574019abb821d00f820908/NetDriveInstaller-3.8.794.dmg

Regards.

Hi Jyyoon

I’ve tried the new version you suggest 3.8.794

All it does is change the icon for Google Drive but still does not show an icon for dropbox.

What should I do now?

Kind Regards

Mark

Then, we can have a remote session to figure out.

If you want, let me know your AnyDesk address and the time you are available with GMT.

You can download AnyDesk from https://anydesk.com/en/downloads

Regards.

Hi Jyyoon

My anydesk address is 388 896 061

I’m available 2pm GMT Today Monday 16th December.

Thanks

Mark

Hello.

I checked your last post too lately.

Are you available 2pm GMT tommorow wednesday?

Regards.

Yes I am I will be. Thanks.

Just to let you know I have tried webdrive and cloudmounter.

They both work without incident so if you can’t resolve this can you please refund my three licences and I will go with one of these alternatives.

Kind Regards

Mark

Thank you as I really like netdrive. It would be a shame to stop using it.

Hello,

Thank you for using NetDrive.

I made a mistake in calculating the time.

As promised, I will connect 2pm GMT.

Regards.

Hello.

I will connect to your pc 10 minutes later.

Regards.

Hello Jyyoon

Just left you for a few minutes and you’ve disconnected is everything ok?

Mark