Drive access from QuickBook POS

QuickBook POS system accesses drives from executables run by Windows system account. To allow QuickBook to access drives mounted by NetDrive3 your drives must set to use ‘Mount on boot’ option. You can find the option in CONFIG screen of your drive item. Drives mounted at boot by NetDrive 3 does not limit access from other user/system account.

There is something we need to change in the next release of NetDrive 3.

Even if the drive item is set to use ‘Mount on boot’ your drive cannot be access from other user/system account when you manually unmount and mount the drive from NetDrive UI. We will change this to allow access from other user/system accounts even when you manually mount the drive from NetDrive UI.

In the mean time. Please set drive option in CONFIG screen to use ‘Mount on boot’ and reboot your POS system.

So doing this option, I can now access Netdrive 3 using Quickbooks POS after rebooting.

So my questions are:

What does mount on boot actually mean? Will I use the same settings in the next update? What does this mean?? Even if the drive item is set to use ‘Mount on boot’ your drive cannot be access from other user/system account when you manually unmount and mount the drive from NetDrive UI.

Gary

I have another question. I connected to my synology NAS on my MAC using Netdrive 3 but no files show up on the WebDav. I shows connected but no files are seen

That options means the drive will be mounted at boot time even without Windows user login. We will use the same setting in the next update.

That means the ‘Mount on boot’ option (including unlimited access from other Windows accounts) only works when it’s really mounted at boot time. We will changed this in the next version that the drive will be remain accessible from other users/system accounts even if you unmount the drive and mount again using NetDrive UI.

Can you send us log files?

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.

Here are the log files

_nd3svc_PARENT.log (9.3 KB)

nd3api_NetDrive.log (0 Bytes)

nd3svc_Diskstation.log (391 KB)

nd3svc_Dropbox.log (32.2 KB)

nd3svc_Google Drive.log (22.4 KB)

nd3svc_OneDrive (Business).log (18.8 KB)

nd3svc_WebDAV.log (7.2 KB)

ndagent.log (219 KB)

Your webdav log(both nd3svc_Diskstation.log, nd3svc_WebDAV.log) shows that you did not connect to webdav server.

Error message is here:

This page can’t be displayed
Please allow your browser to run JavaScript.

You tried to connect http://10.0.1.46:5000 but that’s DSM url. Not webdav url.

I think It should be http://10.0.1.46:5005 or https://10.0.1.46:5006.

You can find your webdav port on WebDAV Server settings on DSM. Please check it again.

Thanks!

Thanks that solved that. One last question…on my mac how do I change the desktop icon to reflect the icon of google drive, or dropbox, etc instead of the netdrive icon for each folder

It’s not possible on Mac version.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.