CloudSync is crashing on Server 2012 R2 Essentials

I have CloudSync running and it crashes with the below error:

Bdrive server returned an error. If the issue persists, please contact CloudSync support. Error Code: 502 and a Tracking ID:

The application remains running for 24-48 hours max before it crashes. I have seen previous Topics on this same subject for various OS’s. Is there a fix coming for this? I can’t keep this running to backup my data if the application doesn’t remain running. I am running the latest version 2.2.327.0

Thanks

Larry

CloudSync%20Crash

Went into Event Viewer and discovered the faulting module is .dll. The file is located in C:\Windows\System32. Is this a dll you dropped on the system as part of the cloudsync installation? If yes, can you please create a different version and provide a new installer?

CloudSync%20Crash%202

Will anyone from BDrive be responding to this anytime soon?

Larry

We are preparing for new release and it includes fixes for memory issues. We think it will fix your problem.

When can it be expected? I got a 500 error over night. Do you have a Beta that I can test?

CloudSync%20Crash%203

Thanks

Larry

For the 500 error we found the cause and we are working on it. It is caused by DB (AWS RDS) connection error on server side.

I will post a download link of 2.3 beta today.

Here are download links for CloudSync 2.3 beta.

For Windows:
http://files.bdrive.com/cloudsync/builds/db91ec15037d4f2a90279bd0941cf419/CloudSyncInstaller-2.3.505.exe

For macOS:
http://files.bdrive.com/cloudsync/builds/df8f55758170462dbb1c421ccf838cf4/CloudSync-2.3.400.dmg

I have attempted to install this beta 2.3.505 version of CloudSync and it says it is installing. It even tells me it has to reboot my server. I have now attempted to install this twice and twice it has not installed. The ONLY thing that has changed are the dates of the folders in the C:\Programs Files (x86)\bdrive\CloudSync folders are now all with today’s date. All of the files in there and other places are still dated 2018 and older. I open CloudSync itself and the About still shows as 2.2.327 which was released 04/06/2018

There is clearly something wrong with the beta you gave me. This is something to be installed over an existing install, correct? I am running 2.2.327.

There was a mistake on building the beta version. I will repost a new download when it’s ready. Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.

Please use this link:

http://files.bdrive.com/cloudsync/builds/9785993e38874e0b8d8ba27beda8b212/CloudSyncSetup-2.3.506.exe

The previous link is for installer which downloads latest ‘Public’ version. So it downloaded and installed previous version. Sorry I gave you the wrong link.

Thanks. I will try it in an hour. does it require a reboot?

The correct version installed, it is now 2.3.506. I will let you know if there are issues or not.

Thanks

Crashed again with the new version.

CloudSync%20Crash%204

It is not a crash message. CloudSync does not crash when this message is displayed. It’s a message box which means a API call to our server returned 502 error. We are looking for the cause of this issue.

Is there any other information you need from me to help in resolving this?

It’s a server side issue which is caused by DNS resolution on AWS EC2 instances.

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=161837

It’s reported by many AWS users but it still happens.

We are trying the find work arounds.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am not an AWS user, I am using gSuite. Am I misunderstanding something? Or do you use AWS as a type of relay?

I’m sorry there was not enough explanation on the issue.

We uses AWS RDS database to store informations including user’s CloudSync license information and final sync status. After sync CloudSync tries to communication with our server which is running on AES EC2 instances and the server communicates with DB on AWS RDS. While trying to connect to the DB our server experiences DNS resolution error. It’s not related to any of user files.

It seems that the issue does not show up for a day now.

If you have any other problem please let me know.