Cant connect when tethered to cell phone

anyone know how to connect to netdrive when tethered to cell phone?

Dear dan1,

I tested tethering and found that NetDrive works fine. However, to help resolve the issue you are experiencing, here are some possible causes and solutions:

Possible Causes and Solutions:

1. Network Restrictions:
  • Cause: Some mobile network providers restrict certain ports or services when using tethering.
  • Solution: Contact your mobile network provider to check for any restrictions when tethering, and if necessary, open the required ports or adjust the settings.
  1. Firewall Settings:
  • Cause: The firewall settings on your cell phone tethering may block NetDrive connections.
  • Solution: Verify the firewall settings on both your cell phone and computer to ensure that the necessary ports for NetDrive are open.
  1. IP Address Assignment Issue:
  • Cause: The IP address assigned during tethering may only be valid within the internal network.
  • Solution: Check the IP address settings and consider using a static IP or a VPN if necessary.
  1. DNS Issue:
  • Cause: Incorrect DNS settings during tethering may cause connection issues.
  • Solution: Verify your DNS settings and try using an alternative DNS server such as Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4).

Please try these solutions, and if the issue persists, feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Best regards.

Thanks. I think it’s a port that needs to be opened.

Dan Shah

1000 Newport Center Drive

Newport Beach, CA 92660

dan@tbwlawfirm.com

www.tbwlawfirm.com

Direct: 714-721-0695

Fax: 800-723-6101

Thanks I will try this.

I called my carrier ATT, they said they have no ports blocked.

What would be the proxy settings for me to enter???

Thanks,

Dear dan1,

To accurately analyze and resolve the problem, it would be helpful if you could send us the log files.

Please attach the log files so we can promptly investigate the issue and find a solution for you.

To help us diagnose the issue:

1. Please set the log level to VERBOSE
  2. Reproduce the problem.
  3. Afterward, please follow the instructions in the following link to send us the debug log file:

Please be aware that the log file does not contain any login credentials.

Best regards

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.