Box driver allowed me to open and copy deleted files from cache

Just wondering if it’s absolutely impossible to turn off disk cache. I read another post that it wasnt possible but thot I’d double check.

I have logs that show box driver allowed me to open and copy deleted files from box cache. But try to rename the file and you get an error because the file no longer exists except in cache files that can read and copy but not rename.

Possibly a testing only option for developers or betas etc. Surely internal testing can disable cache for testing purposes.

If for nothing else to confirm this bug.
Thanks,
Randy

Hello.

Could you attach debug log files to figure out what happened?

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

There is no credential information in the log files.

For beta tester, there is no advantage for beta tester now.

If we need to test beta version, I will contact you.

Thank you.

thankyou for your reply. i just saw it and only have logs in debug mode.
will send you verbose logs after i reproduce issue this evening…
thx
randy

would you mind extending my trial so i can produce the logs you need.
i got very busy and i guess its just seven days.

to be clear, the error occurs when files are deleted using box directly
ive tested several things along those lines and the box communicates copies renames and file moves to your system thru the api pretty reliably. but this situation it does not and then unfortunately the cache system allows the deception of opening copying etc, anything but rename because of course its cache of non existent files.

ive reproduced the issue several times its not hard. but im out of trial.
im actually just evaluating this for another comoany thats had issues with box drive.
and wanted alternative options that didnt have the issues that box own product does which
are numerous.

i oresume as a box developer youve worked thru similar issues.
with appropriate logs, if this were a box driver issue i would presume it could be effectively addressed thru the developer channel as well. otherwise, i think finding someone seriously capable of addressing an api issue would be next to impossible in my position.

this is why i initially requested to be a tester to simplify looking into some of this strangeness effectively.

this could be the api but it still affects your product negatively.

if youde like to go further possibly you folks as others have a beta license for folks to use while testing or whatever suits you.

im happy to help and provide whatever assistance if it helps resolve the issue.

thanks.
randy.

Hello.

Thank you for your kindness.

Your trial was extended.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any question or issue.

Regards.

thanks for the extension. will follow thru on my end with logs in a couple scenarios.
rk

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.