I use Netdrive to upload a large amount of files on a server. Even with the options Use on-the-fly uploading in Explorer and Always retrieve file list from server the software uses the cache folder and even though I have a dedicated link with 250MB / S internet speed, the upload rates are low. Is there a way for netdrive to upload files at the speed of my dedicated link?
What protocol type do you use?
If you’re using Google Drive, using a custom API can speed things up.
I am using webdav protocolo.
As you know, NetDrive doesn’t transfer the file directly to server.
It will be slower than a normal client program, because an explorer or a finder must make a request before sending through NetDrive.
To explain briefly the process of Netdrive,
A normal client :
- upload or download command
- the client transfer the file to the server.
- shell(explorer or finder) copy command.
- The shell writes part of the file to the buffer.
- NetDrive transfer the buffer written by the shell.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the shell writes to the buffer for the entire file.
Because NetDrive is a filesystem, NetDrive cannot transfer files by itself.
But we’re constantly working to improve performance.
This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.