Unable to install on Server 2016

NetDrive2 would install, but I’ve upgraded my license since I didn’t realize tat the DropBox issue was one at DropBox’s end now I’m completely dead in the water

Is your firewall disabled? Try enabling the firewall and installing if so

If that is the case then it’s a very poor design in the installer.

I will try it, though I highly doubt that is the culprit since I was able, during the beta test, to install on systems with the firewall turned off.

As suspected the windows firewall has nothing to do with the installation failure.

If you look about 10 threads down from yours it is (or at least was) a confirmed issue with 3. Was just trying to help. Hopefully official support personnel can help you but I can say they will most likely ask for the install log.

Pinging this again.

Can you get me an installable version on Server 2016 please?

I’m dead in the water on my media server without it and not much good for testing either :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late response and the inconvenience it may caused.

We will test installation process on Server 2016 this week, and let you know the result.

I’ll wait for an updated installer rather than trying to hack it by pushing 32bit VC 2015 runtimes onto my system

The new version still does not install on server 2016. Can you please provide an installer that works with the latest versions of the VC runtimes.

I have tried everything possible including removing all versions of Visual C runtime, extracting the installation package and installing the supplied VC runtimes manually. The installation still fails with the error being in the netdrive3.msi itself. This is the ONLY software package that will not install on this server, nothing else fails to install, and I mean NOTHING else.

The installation failure is occurring within the netdrive installer package itself and not in the VC code. I have tried installing to both my C: drive (not my preference) and my D: drive (preferred) and all of my user profiles are redirected to the D: drive to preserve the C: drive since this is a server.

Pinging this yet again.

PLEASE I NEED A VERSION THAT WILL INSTALL ON SERVER 2016 WHICH IS WHERE I PRIMARILY USE THE SOFTWARE TO MANAGE MY MEDIA SERVER.

I have it installed on my windows server 2016 no errors, only random disconnections on the drives

1 Like

Here is the error, in the installation log from the .msi package:

MSI (s) (94:64) [05:57:59:713]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=CbfsInstall,ActionType=3073,Source=BinaryData,Target=WixQuietExec,CustomActionData=“D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3\syshelper.exe” i “D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3\cbfsinst.dll” “D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3\cbfs.cab” “NetDrive3” “D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3.”)
MSI (s) (94:1C) [05:57:59:728]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI8B80.tmp, Entrypoint: WixQuietExec
WixQuietExec: Install: ret(True), reboot(0)
MSI (s) (94:64) [05:58:02:213]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=NetDriveRegister,)
Action 5:58:02: NetDriveRegister.
MSI (s) (94:64) [05:58:02:213]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=NetDriveRegister,ActionType=3106,Source=D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3,Target=D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3\NetDrive.exe --register,)
CustomAction NetDriveRegister returned actual error code 1 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
_MSI (s) (94:64) [05:58:06:307]: Note: 1: 1722 2: NetDriveRegister 3: D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3\ 4: D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3\NetDrive.exe --register _
_Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NetDriveRegister, location: D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3, command: D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3\NetDrive.exe --register _
MSI (s) (94:64) [05:58:11:870]: Product: NetDrive3 – Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NetDriveRegister, location: D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3, command: D:\Program Files (x86)\Bdrive\NetDrive3\NetDrive.exe --register

Action ended 5:58:11: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
MSI (s) (94:64) [05:58:11:885]: Note: 1: 2265 2: 3: -2147287035
MSI (s) (94:64) [05:58:11:901]: User policy value ‘DisableRollback’ is 0
MSI (s) (94:64) [05:58:11:901]: Machine policy value ‘DisableRollback’ is 0
MSI (s) (94:64) [05:58:11:901]: Executing op: Header(Signature=1397708873,Version=500,Timestamp=1264922429,LangId=1033,Platform=0,ScriptType=2,ScriptMajorVersion=21,ScriptMinorVersion=4,ScriptAttributes=1)
MSI (s) (94:64) [05:58:11:901]: Executing op: DialogInfo(Type=0,Argument=1033)
MSI (s) (94:64) [05:58:11:901]: Executing op: DialogInfo(Type=1,Argument=NetDrive3)
MSI (s) (94:64) [05:58:11:901]: Executing op: RollbackInfo(,RollbackAction=Rollback,RollbackDescription=Rolling back action:,RollbackTemplate=[1],CleanupAction=RollbackCleanup,CleanupDescription=Removing backup files,CleanupTemplate=File: [1])
Action 5:58:11: Rollback. Rolling back action:

Pinging this again. I’ve provided the error which is in the netdrive.exe --register function performed during the installation process.

PLEASE: This is really critical for me (and possibly others) as I rely heavily on the software working on Server 2016.

As noted before, NetDrive 2 will still install w/o problems so, having been a developer myself for many years, I can say that this should not be a hard issue to resolve.

Sorry for the late response and the inconvenience it may caused.

Could you download and test following version?
http://files.bdrive.com/netdrive/builds/NetDrive3_Setup-3.1.262.exe

I expect this will resolve your problem.

If the problem persist, please attach install logs by following steps.

1. Click Start.
  2. Click Run.
  3. In the text box that opens, type %TEMP% then press Enter or click OK.
  4. Find ‘Bdrive’ folder and zip the folder.
  5. Upload the zipped file.

not compatible with your windows maybe.

use virtual machine for windows.

Use windows 8 (ive run compatibility troubleshooter before).

Or right click on the shortcut

Properties > Compability Tab > Run Compatibility Troubleshooter
(It will choose Windows 8)

Run as Administrator.

-GGWP- :slight_smile:

As a follow-up here.

The only way to install/upgrade on windows server 2016 is to extract the contents of the installation package then:

1. Remove existing installation of NetDrive 3 without a reboot
  2. Install new version from MSI package
  3. Reboot is then optional but recommended.
1 Like

You can download MSI package at the bottom of download page.

http://www.netdrive.net/download/