Tooooo Small screens w/version 3.9.1190

I have a laptop with a 4K UHD display. The Netdrive 3 displays are way too smal and I can barely read them. I had a similar issue with a previous update and received a patch. Is it also possible to receive a patch to correct this issue?

See the screen shot…

Hello.

Thank you for using NetDrive and report.

I will feedback to you after researching.

Stay healthy.

Regards.

Same problem here with the trial version. I want to upgrade from netdrive2 but, it is quite unusable in this state.

@mkatzaman, @david-sillou

Before our staff finishing their research, can you try following quick fixes?

1. Set system environment variable QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1

If this setting does not work:

1. Set system environment variable QT_SCALE_FACTOR to 1.5

Quit NetDrive and start again.

How to set system environment variables:

1. In Search, search for and then select: System (Control Panel)
  2. Click the Advanced system settings link.
  3. Click Environment Variables . In the section System Variables , Click New .
  4. In the New System Variable window, specify the value of the environment variable. Click OK . Close all remaining windows by clicking OK .
1 Like

Setting QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1 does set the NetDrive3 window text and graphics back to its previous version’s size. However; the window stays in full screen “mode” and its size can not be changed. The full screen toggle in the upper right corner does work, but does not change the size of the window and I can not use the courser to resize the window. The window can be minimized and closed.

Adding Q T_SCALE_FACTOR with a 1.5 value makes the text and graphics very large and the window stays in full screen “mode” as discussed above.

Only setting
QT_SCALE_FACTOR to 1.5 and not specifying QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR, slightly increases the text and graphics size and causes the same full screen issue discussed above.

Soooooo… Setting QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1 works as long as the NetDrive3 window being stuck on Full Screen “mode” does not interfere with doing the task at hand.

Stay well,

Mike Katzaman

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback and the details.

Setting QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1 works for me. And i can resize the window. Text is very pixelated but it is useable :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

An Update… I just discovered setting QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1 is impacting 2 other APPs, making their screens way tooo big to use and their size also can not be modified with this setting. So… setting this variable is not a sustainable solution for me…

Stay well,

Mike Katzaman

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.