Problem trying to create a MAC Alias and Azure storage

When trying to Make an alias of an azure storage file on MAC, a popup appears ( enter your password to allow this ). After credentials are entered, an error appears ( unexpected error occurred -54 ). I found a temporary workaround that works though ( not pretty ).

Hi,

What is the ‘make an alias of an Azure storage’ means? Could you give us more details?

• The process of making an alias of an Azure storage
  • What is expected

Regards

I will try to explain a little better. I have connected an Azure storage blob with netdrive. Now from a MAC, when I try to create a shortcut of any file, it can not be done. To create a shortcut on a MAC, a user selects the option to “Make an Alias”. When that option is selected from a file located on the netdrive, a popup appears and asks for MAC credentials. Once those credentials are entered, a popup error window is shown. Therefore using the standard “Make an Alias” on a MAC does not function. Attached are 2 photos. If it is still unclear, let me know, and I will make a video for you.
Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 11.39.21 AM
Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 11.39.11 AM

Thank you for explaining.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.