No mount on boot for MacOS?

I just downloaded the trial version to evaluate on my Mac running High Sierra. It seems to work OK. I haven’t done any performance testing yet but I’m using Netdrive 3 to mount my Google Drive so that I can run Plex Media Server. It’s scanning the directories OK. However the option to mount at boot time is greyed out, This is supposed to be a new feature in Netdrive 3 & there is this on the webpage

“With NetDrive 3 now you can mount your drive on system boot time without login. With this option you can use your remote storage with system services.”

I want my Google Drive to be mounted if the Mac reboots as advertised. At present I have to login before it will mount.

I just discovered that Mount at login doesn’t work properly either. The Google Drive can be seen in terminal in /VOLUMES & files can be accessed but it’s not present in the Finder so cannot be browsed.

I am running the latest Beta 3.4.201

@nigelbb For the Mac it is a little bit complicated to launch NetDrive 3 on boot. In short we uses osxfuse on Mac and there is a problem using the osxfuse library as a system account. We are researching on the issue.

For the mount at login issue, we will check it and get back to you.

OK. I am mounting my Google Drive read only so I can access my Plex library. Now that I unticked “Use background uploading” then Netdrive does automatically start when `I login & the mounted disk is visible in Finder.

The only problem I have now is that I need to Force Quit Netdirve before I can shutdown the Mac.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.