NetDrive version: 3.8.915
Windows/Mac Version: Win10 Pro x64
why is a via Netdrive3 mapped Google Drive very slow compared to other software?
Below are two pictures, where I noted the used software. It’s the same file, same machine, same Internet connection.
NetDrive3 (0.16 MB/s):
SpeedCommander 18 (3.6 MB/s):
As you know, NetDrive doesn’t transfer the file directly to server.
It will be slower than a normal client program, because an explorer or a finder must make a request before sending through NetDrive.
We’re constantly working to improve performance.
Does it mean that all traffic will be routed via your server?
A normal client :
1. upload or download command
2. the client transfer the file to the server.
1. shell(explorer or finder) copy command.
2. The shell writes part of the file to the buffer.
3. NetDrive transfer the buffer written by the shell.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the shell writes to the buffer for the entire file.
As you know, because NetDrive is a filesystem, NetDrive cannot transfer files by itself.
I did consider that Germany is a development country with regards to the internet, but the factor 22 of the a.m. example seems a little bit too high even for a development country.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.