Net Drive, Cannot Save Document

NetDrive version:Latest
Windows/Mac Version:Windows 10

Hi There, I am having some troubles saving changes to a excel spreadsheet.

I am using net drive remotely, and a Synology NAS through webdav.

90% of the time it works fine, and I can see all files remotely on the NAS.

The first message I got was an excel pop up "The File, Projected Cash Flow may have been changed by another user since you last saved it, what do you want to do, …

Save as copy, or overwrite changes.

When I select overwrite changes, that works fine.

But then I try to save later in the day, after making changes to the same document. I get a pop up messages, which pops up saying “Document Not Saved”

And then I cannot save to it, …

This does not happen to all files on the Synology.

Please help,

Many Thanks,

Paul Zdzitowiecki

help@computercures.com.au

After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.

NetDrive version: NetDrive 3 latest
System: Mac OS High Sierra10.13.6

Hi, I have a similar problem. I can copy files to NAS through WebDAV but can’t save files. It gives me and error “the file is read-only”. When trying to save with different name, I get an error saying “can’t access the file”

What would be the cure?

Thanks,
Jako@nordicadvisory.com

FYI, MS Office 2011 cannot save a file on a drive mounted by NetDrive.

Sorry about that.

Does it support newer Office for Mac versions?

Office 365 is working with NetDrive.

Regards.

I have the same problem. I can copy a file from my PC to netdrive, I can create a new document BUT it creates a Zero bytes document which I cannot change, From the logging I can see it has something to do with the temp files created by office. I use MS word from office365. I just implemented 16 netdrives at the customer yesterday and now i have this major problem. A webdav connection from windows works well, but we don’t want a windows webdav connection right? I hope to get a solution soon.

Hello inkoop

Thank you for using NetDrive.

Are you using NetDrive with macOS or Windows?
I found that Office 365 doesn’t work on macOS with NetDrive.
It will be fixed as soon as possible.
But, office 365 works well on Windows with NetDrive.

If you have a problem on windows, could you attache log files to figure out what happened?
After setting the log level to VERBOSE, please reproduce the problem and send us the debug log file :

Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused.