Mount SMB share?

Hello,

I just want to mount a SMB share from a Synology NAS but because of compatibility reasons it should be handled from Windows like a local drive.
Is this possible using NetDrive?

Hi,

NetDrive does not support mounting SMB share but you can mount a Synology NAS using other protocols like WebDAV or FTP. NetDrive 2 and 3 both supports mounting as a local drive.

FYI, support and update for NetDrive 2 is ended. If you continue to use NetDrive on recent Windows and Mac operating systems please use NetDrive 3.

Thanks for using NetDrive.

Hi,

thanks for your help!
Do you think I should use WebDAV or (S)FTP? I just need my Synology share as a local drive, so that it gets backed up by a backup software. So which protocol would you suggest for that?

Is it possible, that this local drive will be available only for 1 user on thag pc and not for all others? How to do that?

Hi,

What backup software do you use? You need to test your backup software with NetDrive before purchase (within trial period). Some backup softwares like CrashPlan is not compatible with NetDrive.

If you want your drives not to be visible to other accounts on the same PC you need to use NetDrive 3 Team Plan.

Hi, I would line to use Backblaze personal.
Do you know if it is compatible and if I should use WebDAV or (S)FTP?

I did read about the team plan, but to be honest, it is too expensive for me and it won’t used by a team! Just 1 user with 1 share. I think it’s not ok that an expensive “team” plan is needed for that.

Hi, I’m afraid we do not have any test results with Backblaze personal. Please test and check if it works with Backblaze personal within your trial period. We recommend you to use SFTP. WebDAV is somewhat heavy with overhead in protocol.

Ok, thanks for the suggestion, will try.
Is there any way to make the drive only available for 1 user? Does it help to not load NetDrive automatically at other users?

With personal plan you cannot block other users from accessing your mounted drive.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.