Low virtual memory condition

We have a local drive connected using WebDav on port 80. We do several syncs of data a week using this local drive. This creates a large read load on the attached WebDav-drive. De WebDav server seems to handle this load fine, but netdrive sometimes does not.

A few times a week we get a windows error regarding low virtual memory:

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory:

nd3svc.exe (3504) consumed 14800867328 bytes,

Event ID: 2004 Resource Exhaustion Diagnosis Events

After this the proces is killed and we loose the drive connection until restart.

Is there a setting we could use/try to avoid memory exhaustion? We are also looking at tuning our sync method to spread the load.

How many files on your webdav server? And does your sync service access lot of files?

NetDrive use memory cache for folder/file structure, so I have to know how many files are accessed.

Over 1.000.000 files are on the server and they are checked for modification each day. At most 10.000 to 20.000 are transfered a day.
When does the cache clear? If I do a reboot e.g. We could do this daily. Or if there is a command we could give to netdrive?

NetDrive clears only file content cache not file/folder structure cache. I think that makes memory problem.

I need more time to find a way to fix this. I’ll let you know when I found a solution.

Anyway before then you have to unmount to free file/folder structure cache. That’s only way.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused.

Thank you for the quick reply. I will unmount each day to avoid the memory issue for now.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.