Login Screen Frozen - Mac OS

When Netdrive opens, the login screen hangs and does not allow a password to be entered. The program freezes at the password screen saying “Connecting to Netdrive Agent”. Please assist.

It seems that NetDrive background processes are not running.

Please force quit NetDrive and execute following commands in Terminal:

launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/com.bdrive.NetDrive3.launcher.plist

launchctl load /Library/LaunchAgents/com.bdrive.NetDrive3.launcher.plist

Thank you for your assistance however this still hasn’t fixed the issue. After doing these steps and re-loading netdrive it now gets stuck on the loading screen.

Hello.

Thank you for using NetDrive.

Have a private firewall program installed? If so, nd3svc, ndagent, and NetDrive should be set as exceptions.

Since NetDrive connects to localhost to access ndagent, if localhost is set to a different IP in the hosts file, you may not be able to connect.

Regards.

I have trend micro security agent installed however I don’t believe this is causing the issue as my other team members also have trendmicro and netdrive installed and it works fine on their computers.

How do I check if the localhost is set to a different IP in the hosts file? How do I correct this?

You can check it in a Terminal.

ping -c 3 localhost

Please confirm that the bytes are from 127.0.0.1 not not.

Or ping could be failed if the IP of localhost is changed by hosts file.

Regards.

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 4.31.11 pm Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 4.27.26 pm

These are screenshots of what shows after we have completed those steps. What do you recommend I do next?

Your mac was not able to resolve localhost.

It seems that localhost is set to a different IP in the hosts file.

Check the hosts file.

How do I check the host file? Any additional steps I should take?

You can show the hosts file’s contents with a following command in terminal.

cat /etc/hosts

Below is default hosts file’s contents

I think your hosts file is modified by some reason.

You can add 127.0.0.1 localhost to hosts file.

Regards.

Please advise how to add this to the host file as I have no prior experience to terminal. It would prevent a lot of back and forth if you can please state step by step how to do this. I would like this resolved ASAP so please provide me will any information that would be of assistance, thank you.

You can refer to the following url.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.