Handling of deleted files in source storage

I’m trying out CloudSync before purchasing. I like what I’m seeing so far, but I have one question (or feature request). I read this in another thread:
“When I delete file from cloud or local drive
If a file has been deleted from the source storage, the file will remain in the target storage.”

If this is indeed true, then that makes CloudSync a bit less useful than it could be, as it doesn’t allow CloudSync to mirror a source storage to a target storage (source → target). As files are being deleted in the source storage, they will remain in the target storage, which will “pollute” the target storage.
It would be great if there was an option to truly mirror source to target, so the target will always be exactly the same as the source, including any deleted files or folders.
Are there any plans to add that in the not-too-distant future?

Thanks!
–Ron

Yes, it’s right that CloudSync does not remove files on destination storage even if it’s deleted on source storage.

We will add an option to remove files on destination storage in following version.

Thanks for your feedback.

That’s great! Do you have any sense of when the next release will come out?

Thanks!
–Ron

@ronvdc,

I’m afraid I can’t confirm when the next release will come out.

@ronvdc,

We uploaded a beta version which includes an option to remove files on target storage when they are removed on source storage.

You can download beta version here: https://cloudsync.bdrive.com

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.