Ftp folder show date and time on subfolders (as local unit "R")

Hello again.

Frustrated :zipper_mouth_face: by the situation here and almost desperate :cry: , I tried to find an alternative workaround with SFTP suppport, since WebDav is not a real alternative for me for security reasons as well as regarding MS Office handling. :man_shrugging:t2:

I managed to install a workaround parallel to NetDrive and use this alternative until buggy Netdrive is repaired: WINSSHFS. :nerd_face:

As you can see, WINSSHFS displays all folders and files correctly (unfortunately unlike the current NetDrive version). :innocent:

But: :face_with_monocle: I can’t really recommend my workaround for normal users. :grimacing: The installation of the open source tool is a pain in the a**, numerous frameworks have to be added until the software runs (MS Visual 2013 Runtime, Dokan library, several reboots, etc. - all not included in the distributal setup). :nauseated_face: In addition, spooky shadow drives are faded in (spooldrive), which disappear when unmounted. :face_vomiting:

WINSSHFS is also not bug-free: :flushed: so the unmount doesn’t always work, sometimes you have to help to terminate it with the task manager. :dizzy_face: And: there are also minor bugs in connection with MS Office via SFTP which have not been solved in the Open Source community for months: e.g. you can open an Office file by double-clicking from the SFTP drive and save a new file without problems, but it is not possible to create a new file in the drive with 0 bytes with right mouse button > “New” or to save and overwrite an existing file with the same name directly from Microsoft Office (error message because of alleged missing permissions). If you save it under a new name it will work again. If you use alternative software like Libre Office everything is fine any you can even overwrite a existing file. :exploding_head: Typical MS Office issues. :tipping_hand_man:t2: So this is all just a “semigood” work around. :persevere:

We need our Netdrive3 with propper SFTP service and general prompt support again or alternatively a documented and traceable way confirmed by the support to a working downgrade (best with a link to the actually tested and working binary version). :partying_face:

:sneezing_face:

It is not okay to use paying existing customers as involuntary beta testers. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

@e317-info, @m-schneider

Sorry for the frustrations. We are working on the issue now and doing more test before release.