Deletions on webdav read only drives not handled properly

When I try to delete a file on a webdav drive that has been defined as read only on my server for the particular user, I do not get a warning but the file just disappears from the file list in windows explorer. However when I refresh the explorer view on that folder the file reappears because the NAS server would not allow the deletion. This does not seem like the proper way to handle a read only drive. There should be a warning saying that the file could not be deleted and the file should not disappear from the list.
By the way I am on the 3.9.1160 beta release.

Update 2020-04-16 00:01 - I did some more testing. After I really deleted the same file as above through an SMB connection locally, the file would not disappear on a refresh of the file list in windows explorer through the Netdrive 3 webdav drive connection. In fact when I deleted it again through the webdav connection and refreshed the windows explorere it would re-appear while it did not actullay exist on the target drive anymore. It seems like the netdrive 3 buffer does not properly get refreshed.

Regards,
Jan

Hello.

I think you must set a “read only drive” option for the drive item.

This will solve your issue.

Stay healthy.

Regards.

Hi jyyoon,
that does solve the problem with the deletions that do not really happen since the delete option no longer appears on the file context menu and the drive does not respond to pressing the delete button. However
I find it a strange solution that I have to set that myself while the application can easily check for being read only by trying to create some dummy folder on the drive on the connect and when that succeeds it is not read only and you can delete the folder again. When that does not succeed it is a read only drive.

Secondly you also have to set the “Always retrieve file list form server” option to prevent the second problem I mentioned. Otherwise changes made to that drive by someone else (e.g. through an SMB connection like I did) wil not be reflected untill you disconnect and connect again. I would actually expect this option to be on by default since users expect such behaviour.
Regards,
Jan

Hello.

Thank you for feedback.

I will consider them.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.