A post in "Google Cloud Storage requiring constant reauthentication" requires staff attention

This thread has now closed, but I wanted to flag - to be clear - that it is still a recurring issue, just doesn’t happen as immediately as I had initially thought.

We are trying to reproduce the issue in our test system.

Thanks for the feedback.

We are still waiting for the issue to happen in our test system.

NetDrive receives access token and refresh token from Google. NetDrive uses access token to access your files and it expires in 60 minutes. When the access token expires NetDrive uses refresh token to get new access token from Google. Refresh token expires in 6 months.

If your refresh token expires and you have to reauthenticate there must be some other reason.

According to the page your refresh token can expires for one of these reason.

• The user has revoked your app’s access.
  • The refresh token has not been used for six months.
  • The user changed passwords and the refresh token contains Gmail scopes.
  • The user account has exceeded a maximum number of granted (live) refresh tokens.
  • The user belongs to a Google Cloud Platform organization that has session control policies in effect.

Your refresh token can be expired in 7 days if you use your own App (client id / secret) for Google Cloud Storage and your App is in “Testing” status.

A Google Cloud Platform project with an OAuth consent screen configured for an external user type and a publishing status of “Testing” is issued a refresh token expiring in 7 days.

I don’t think any of those possible causes apply to me.

The only app I have set up is the one required in the NetDrive set-up process; likewise, NetDrive’s is the one and only OAuth client.

Sorry for the confusion. App means your own client id / secret.

According to our system, you registered your own client id / secret.

You can check your App (client id / secret) on https://accounts.bdrive.com/accounts/cloud_service_secrets/.

Please check the status of your App (client id / secret) and if the status is “Testing” your refresh token will expires in 7 days.

You can check the status of your client id / secret at Google developer console.

Thanks. Is the OAuth consent screen what you mean? That is indeed ‘Testing’.

If so, I only followed what I believed were the instructions to set up permissions to allow NetDrive to connect to my Bucket - none of it is being used for anything else.

It sounds like I may have misunderstood the set-up procedure so presumably I should start again somewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.