Unable to connect to Dropbox

I have been using Netdrive OK for a few months, using it to attach my Dropbox drive as a drive letter on a Windows Vista machine, ready for when Dropbox stop their own support of Vista. It has all been working fine, using Netdrive 2.6.18 and Dropbox 35.4.20

Today it has not connected. When Netdrive starts up, it tries to connect, and I get a “waiting for authentication” window (which I don’t normally see). Then Dropbox asks me to Allow access, which I do, and then Dropbox says I can close that window down. But when I go back to Netdrive, Dropbox hasn’t connected. If I click on Connect, I just go around the same loop again.
So far I have stopped/restarted both applications, and the entire machine, with no difference.

3 Likes

I too am having this issue. It started 24 hours ago.

Same here.

We have the same issue with netdrive2 version 2.6.18 build 969 since yesterday.We tried to connect and it’s replies “unable to connect”.

same issue here. had the issue on 2 separate systems, seems to be an API issue?

I am having this issue, also. Looking forward to a resolution.

It’s an issue related with Dropbox API and we will be checking this problem soon.

We anticipate this issue will take some time till clearly solved, for this reason we kindly suggest you to use NetDrive 3 Trial version meanwhile :

https://www.netdrive.net/download/

Thank you for waiting.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have just downloaded v3 and the installation routine does nothing at all - won’t even launch. I will raise this over on the Netdrive3 page, but in the meantime, I hope the issue with v2 can be fixed.

Same problem here for me. It started yesterday. Please try to solve it asap in Netdrive 2! (it was working great before)

Same issue here, problem started two days ago. I’m not able to connect to Dropbox anymore.

I am having the problem now. I click on green connect button, window opens, User Authentication being processed, browser launches with Sign into Dropbox to link to Bdrive2 logon screen. I grant permission, User Authentication window disappears, yellow connecting button immediately goes back to green connect button. I really need a resolution!

I am having EXACTLY the same problem as anne-ward.

I click on green connect button, window opens, User Authentication being processed, browser launches with Sign into Dropbox to link to Bdrive2 logon screen. I grant permission, User Authentication window disappears, yellow connecting button immediately goes back to green connect button. I really need a resolution!"

We have paid for the license and now this problem has FROZEN our corporate process which has been operating successfully for over 1 year.

Please provide a solution for this immediately!

1 Like

What’s disappointing is, that Dropbox already warned back in Jun 2016 that API V1 will be deprecated. In the last few months, they sent additional e-mails regarding the pending shutdown of that, so the NetDrive developer really had enough time to prepare for this day. But I guess renaming NetDrive2 to NetDrive3 and slapping a subscription model on it makes more money?

Same problem, no dropbox connection since few days… Netdrive2 version is enough for my use, no want to pay more to migrate to V3

Same problem here

Auch ich habe das Problem. Bis anhin immer wunderbar gelaufen.

I am sorry but with NetDrive 3 there is the same problem.
The only difference is that the button “Connect” changes its caption to “Disconnect” as if now there would be a net drive set. But unfortunately it is not at least you cannot use it.

PS:
We have bought upgrade tickets to NetDrive 3 means I do not work with a Trial version.

Same problem - on Win 7 Pro, and Win 10 Pro versions.

Same problem. Without quick solution, I should find another system.
Have you a date ?

Same issue here. Need a solution.

1 Like