NetDrive3 Crash on PC return from hibernate, also intermittent loss of connected drives without crash

I have three MS Windows HP PC’s, all W11 Pro v22H2, all with NetDrive3 v3.17.900. All three exhibit NetDrive3 crashing on returning from hibernate at least half the time on return from hibernate plus while running, may also lose connections without crashing. This has been happening for months on this and one or two previous versions. On crashing, I’ve submitted crash reports with the message that this happened when logging in on return from hibernate. The drives still show connected in the NetDrive3 interface, however, they aren’t connected when looking in Explorer. On looking for related services, NetDrive3 Agent is running, but NetDrive3 Service is not. On restarting the service, it allows disconnect, however, connecting just stalls, never connecting. Logging out, logging back in does allow reconnecting. Log files were already set to verbose. Eleven log files attached.
nd3svc_SynoDS916PMWM1WebDAVMMPC.log (7.4 MB)
nd3svc_SynoDS918PMWM1WebDAVMMPC.log (643.2 KB)
nd3svc.log|attachment (10.0 MB)
NetDrive3_MarkMoennig.log (10.0 MB)
ndagent.log (5.8 MB)
nd3api_ndagent.exe.log (1.9 MB)
nd3api_dopus.exe.log (6.0 MB)
nd3api_Explorer.EXE.log (1.4 MB)
nd3api_firefox.exe.log (6.9 MB)
nd3api_NetDrive.exe.log (5.5 MB)
nd3api_WINWORD.EXE.log (3.7 MB)

I have reviewed the logs thoroughly but did not find any significant information related to your reported issues. However, we are currently investigating other known issues with Windows 10 that may be linked to your problem. I will keep you updated on any new findings or developments.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The updated version contains stability enhancements for NetDrive system services. To ensure the removal of any remaining library dependencies, please reboot your device after installing this version.

We would greatly appreciate your feedback on this new beta version, as it helps us make further improvements.

Windows

https://downloads.bdrive.com/netdrive/builds/384ef939da7d4971b57c96e02e3982a9/NetDrive3_Setup-3.17.953.exe

macOS

https://downloads.bdrive.com/netdrive/builds/abce8dacd3574096a389a6a6cc899bd3/NetDriveInstaller-3.17.729.dmg

I installed the beta version 3.17.946 on two of the three PC’s I have that were having problems with crashing on return from hibernate or sleep plus occasional loss of connections while working. It worked without failure on both of them for two days, although not a very long test, i.e., returning from hibernate or sleep only about two times each. One of the installations received a prompt to upgrade to the new version 3.17.954 which didn’t even go a day without failing, this time crashing while working.

FYI - I reverted the one PC that was upgraded to 3.17.954 back to 3.17.946 to see if the beta version continues to work better. Let me know if the stability enhancements are the same for both. If so, it doesn’t matter, the problems still exists, possibly a little less prevalent.

I believe I mentioned this previously, but if not, this appears to start with the NetDrive3 Service stopping. The NetDrive3 Agent is still running. I tried setting the NetDrive3 Service to auto restart, which doesn’t prevent the issue, just makes it easier to get going again. After the NetDrive3 Service stops (even if restarted), NetDrive3 still indicates connections existing although they aren’t. Disconnecting/reconnecting isn’t possible, so I have to log off and log in again to reconnect.

I installed the beta version 3.17.946 on two of the three PC’s I have that were having problems with crashing on return from hibernate or sleep plus occasional loss of connections while working. It worked without failure on both of them for two days, although not a very long test, i.e., returning from hibernate or sleep only about two times each. One of the installations received a prompt to upgrade to the new version 3.17.954 which didn’t even go a day without failing, this time crashing while working.

Could you please check if there are any dumps in C:\ProgramData\NetDrive3\Dumps directory and send them to me if you find any? These files have a dmp extension.

Yes, there are plenty of dump files, 48 in total (for the one PC I’m working on right now), starting in Nov 2019 to yesterday (attached), which is the one that failed on the new version 3.17.954. There were none on the beta version you sent. I also attached one from the version just prior to upgrading to the beta version as well.

(Attachment 3311b26c-17f1-48b7-a342-7c7d9100a2b7.dmp is missing)

(Attachment 0ea32f0c-7aa4-4446-994a-abe6a6ef31de.dmp is missing)

Apparently, the files were rejected by your email system. Trying to send as a zip file.

Yes, there are plenty of dump files, 48 in total (for the one PC I’m working on right now), starting in Nov 2019 to yesterday (attached), which is the one that failed on the new version 3.17.954. There were none on the beta version you sent. I also attached one from the version just prior to upgrading to the beta version as well.

Files To Send.zip (42.8 KB)

My apologies for the delayed response. I’ve gone through the dmp files you sent me, but unfortunately, I couldn’t find much data except for where the crash occurred. In case you encounter any issues with the latest version, kindly send me the dmp files again. With the most recent dmp files, we’ll be able to load and analyze them more accurately, allowing us to identify the root cause of the problem with greater precision.

I’m not on the latest version on any of my three PC’s. I had crashes on the newer versions (at least the one after you sent the beta version), just like all versions between Nov/Dec to present, except for the beta version (3.17.946). The beta version is the only one that hasn’t caused any crashes, seems to be the most stable and that’s the one I’m using on all my PC’s. I’m currently working on a different PC than the one I sent the previous dump files from. I had no crashes on this PC prior to January. There are 23 crashes since then until April 19th. Since then, I rolled back, have been on the beta version and haven’t had any crashes. I attached a zip file containing all 23 dump files. I can send all the dump files from the other two PC’s if this doesn’t lend any insight.

Files to Send.zip (628 KB)

I thought my 3rd PC was on the beta version you sent (3.17.946), but it wasn’t. It was still on 3.17.900. I don’t use that PC very much. It crashed when I resumed from hibernate today. All (7) crash dumps attached (Jan to today). I’m going to install the beta version you sent (3.17.946) since the appears to be the only stable version since before the end of last year, at least according to the other two PC’s I have which had crashes before and after the aforementioned beta version, but not with the beta version.

I’m not on the latest version on any of my three PC’s. I had crashes on the newer versions (at least the one after you sent the beta version), just like all versions between Nov/Dec to present, except for the beta version (3.17.946). The beta version is the only one that hasn’t caused any crashes, seems to be the most stable and that’s the one I’m using on all my PC’s. I’m currently working on a different PC than the one I sent the previous dump files from. I had no crashes on this PC prior to January. There are 23 crashes since then until April 19th. Since then, I rolled back, have been on the beta version and haven’t had any crashes. I attached a zip file containing all 23 dump files. I can send all the dump files from the other two PC’s if this doesn’t lend any insight.

Files to Send.zip (178 KB)

I attached the remaining 27 dump files from the 1st PC (Jan to Apr) where I had previously sent only the latest two which you didn’t discover anything useful. I believe you should now have all dump files from all 3 PC’s.

I thought my 3rd PC was on the beta version you sent (3.17.946), but it wasn’t. It was still on 3.17.900. I don’t use that PC very much. It crashed when I resumed from hibernate today. All (7) crash dumps attached (Jan to today). I’m going to install the beta version you sent (3.17.946) since the appears to be the only stable version since before the end of last year, at least according to the other two PC’s I have which had crashes before and after the aforementioned beta version, but not with the beta version.

File To Send 2.zip (724 KB)