Dropbox authorizes and Netdrive fails to connect, starts the process anew

After upgrading to 2.6.18 build 969 dropbox won’t stay connected. I hit “connect” and chrome shows the authorization button. After I authorize, netdrive shows a “connecting” button and then returns to “connect”. I can continue to do this all day with the only change being a new chrome window each time.

Any ideas?

EDIT 9/29/17: 19 hours with no acknowledgement from Netdrive (which sucks) and I have downloaded and installed the dropbox app. This negates the need for Netdrive. The result is that I am now finding ways NOT to use Netdrive any more. Bad customer service plan, Netdrive.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem and it has happened to me starting today. I can not connect to Dropbox.

1 Like

Facing the same issue. Seems like DB has done some security changes which bdrive needs to look into. Logged a complaint to them about this. Anyone from bdrive here?

1 Like

nd2api.log shows this interesting line: [ 10300] About::Process failed(400) : https://api.dropbox.com/1/account/info : {“error”: “v1_retired”}

V1 of Dropbox API been retired?

1 Like

I have the same problem…

1 Like

yea… same problem here… expandrive also fails to connect… must be dropbox issue/change…

1 Like

Same problem here… Will there be support for this on NetDrive 2.x? Many, including myself, are choosing NOT to upgrade to NetDrive 3.x (subscription model)

2 Likes

The complete silence on this matter for a week from the developer is mind-boggling.

2 Likes

October 8, 2017, and I have been having this Dropbox connect issue all week. Since Dropbox is the main external drive service I use, this strongly negatively affects my ability to use NetDrive for anything useful.

Some sort of developer feedback would go a long way…

2 Likes

I also have had the same problem for the same length of time. Can we get a response from a developer please?

2 Likes

Having the same issue.

1 Like