Can't upload and watch on plex

I have netdrive mounted with google drive for my plex server but when a file is uploading from sonarr or radarr i can’t play on plex until upload is complete. This becomes a problem when netdrive is uploading a 30gb+ movie i can’t play anything on plex. is there a setting i can change so netdrive can download and upload at the same time?

I am using windows server 2012 with a 1gb/s up and down connection.

thanks!

Anyone? if more info is required i can provide. thanks

Can you try ‘Use background uploading’ option? I guess it can fix you problem.

I’m using a similar configuration for my Plex Server (Windows Server 2016) with 20+ TB in the cloud.

What I have found to work best is to let Plex operate using NetDrive configured so that it always retrieves the file list from the server and to use the web interface for each of the respective storage providers to upload media from my workstation.

Netdrive aside, if you’re writing files from your plex server while attempting to play media from the same server, you’re going to have performance hits in the playback. Let your media server be, just that, a media server and use NetDrive, or the web interface, on a separate workstaton to do the upload work.

Same issue, has there been a resolution? This problem is almost making Plex unusable with NetDrive

same exact issue here. plex takes a nose dive when uploading files from sonarr.

netdrive USED to work fine for this but the issues i have had started in the last three months.

I am building a new server as i write this and came here looking for support because NetDrive3 wont even install on the new machine. errors out with a generic failure with no information.

I was considering purchasing another license but at this rate I am probably going to look for an alternative.

the instability of this program over the last year has been a laughable joke.

@shawn-c3ed

Sorry that you cannot install NetDrive3 on your new machine.

Please send us installation log files to check the issue. You can find the log files under %TEMP%\Bdrive.

20%20PM

There you can find some installation logs.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Plex - when it scans it locks up the drive

for providing media files for plex you should go with gdfs cause its faster
(yes the risk o reaching the gapi limit is higher)
but for me its working good and i’m sharing with 4-5 people my plex.

i use netdrive to transfer the files to gdrive cause this costs way less api requests.
so total commander via netdrive to gdrive and then they are stored.

for plex
gdfs(which localizes your gdrive dow as a local storage too)
i’m attaching here a short tut how to run gdfs on win server versions.

gdfs_tut.txt (873 Bytes)

to install gdfs on server, it’s ez, no copy/regedits :slight_smile:

open cmd as adminl; run the command below (from the location where the exe is located):

GoogleDriveFSSetup.exe --allow_server_install

plex media server; i use rclone with the following commands in a cmd/open as admin (do NOT close cmd, just minimize it):

rclone -v mount --log-file e:\rclone\logs\rclone.log --allow-other --allow-non-empty --tpslimit 10 --tpslimit-burst 10 --dir-cache-time=48h --buffer-size=500M --vfs-read-chunk-size=128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes --attr-timeout=1s --cache-dir E:\rclone\cache\rclone --config C:\Users\userx\.config\rclone\rclone.conf gdrive:/Plex P: &

1. setup rclone with your own google API key to bypass rate limiting (Very Important to do)
  2. change “P:” in the command string to a drive letter you use in plex (or change plex to use P)

it wasnt a long time not instalable on windows server systems.